Project Manager Operations
- Apr 17, 2017 Post Date
- 0022173 Requisition #
Leads focused effort, in collaboration with NMHC Directors and Managers, to identify and implement assigned plan, such as system implementation or cost reduction opportunities in a portfolio of specific departments of the hospital and across multiple departments or NMHC affiliates. Collaborates with other Project Managers and Project Analysts to identify areas for cross-departmental collaboration on initiatives. In conjunction with Project Analyst, develops data set to ensure accurate measurement of institutions progress toward goal. Demonstrates leadership in all NMHC key competencies: leading NMHC values, collaborating and being a change agent and energizing others to achieve project results and goals, Coaches and develops teams. Acts as change agent to systematically drive and implement change as prioritized by Oversight Group. Ensures that opportunities are defined by an accurate future state and develops work plan to achieve that state. Identifies the need for communication plans and supports the development of communication plans for initiatives as appropriate. Facilitates collaborates and energizes others within team meetings, including: Providing support/feedback/coaching to team leads and members. Driving groups to decisions and consensus through focused discussions and activities. Coordinating activities and plans across all teams. Ensuring adherence to project work plan and timeframes and approved resources. Managing ongoing project documentation. Note: Team membership will include Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers and Staff from the majority of departments at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and NMHC affiliates. Team may also include external vendor management and staff. Professional, Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation. Consistently demonstrates accountability. Assumes responsibility for meeting mandatory requirements. Assumes responsibility for personal development plans and education related to scope of initiatives. Highly responsive and effective in working with operational managers and physicians, defining projects effectively and meeting client and organizational strategic objectives simultaneously. Additional Functions, Other responsibilities as assigned in support of NMH priorities. EOE/AA.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
· Minimum 2-3 years management experience.
· Proven ability in operations logistics project management and transition planning.
· Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in clinical and/or support service operations - optimally in an academic medical center environment.
· Highly effective communicator with strong group dynamic and collaboration skills.
· Ability to pay attention to detail, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, anticipate issues and proactively adjust work plans.
· Exceptional organizational skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with Executive sponsors, sponsors and team leaders and team members.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
· MBA/MHA/MSN. Experience leading DMAIC projects.
· Experience with Microsoft Project software application.