Medical Assistant - Chicago Hand Clinic - Main Campus
- Mar 27, 2017 Post Date
- 0015896 Requisition #
Assures efficient patient flow through the site: Escorts patient to exam room, identifies patient with 2 identifiers and prepares patient for examination. Obtains accurate vital signs, per organization standards. Documents reason for visit and updates/confirms, allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information. Promptly informs the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms. Anticipates/sets up equipment or supplies needed for visit. Cleans and prepares exam room for next patient. Responds to needs to expedite visits and maintain flow of patients and prioritize tasks accordingly. Assists practitioner with medical and surgical procedures in accordance with established protocols such as: Electrocardiogram (ECG), venipuncture, immunizations, setting up procedure trays, specimen collection and/or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived testing as directed by Provider. Provides high quality care by: Prepares and stocks all exam rooms in treatment area by following established protocols for disinfecting and sterilizing equipment and instruments. Participates in environmental safety rounds. Maintains vaccine/medication inventory. Monitors and maintains equipment and instruments according to clinic guidelines. Assists in ordering supplies and correctly disposes of all expired items. Adheres to office opening and closing procedures. Functions as an integral part of the patient care team and promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner: Accepts and performs delegated responsibilities in a positive manner. Offers assistance to others. Attends and participates in staff meetings. Communicates appropriately and effectively with patients and patient care team (in the office and on the phone). Performs delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective, and efficient manner (see specialty practice addendum). Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant through American Association of Medical Assistants or Registered Medical Assistant through American Medical Technologists.
- American Heart Association accredited Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience in a relevant role.
- Completion of pre-employment competency exam.
- Strong computer skills.
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- One to two years of ambulatory care experience.
- Experience with electronic medical record.